Your Dental Check-Up
A check-up allows your dentist to see if you have any dental problems and helps you keep your mouth healthy. Leaving problems untreated usually leads to pain, tooth loss and could make them more difficult to treat in the future, so it's best to deal with problems early, or, if possible, prevent them altogether.
What To Expect At Your Check-Up
During your check-up your dentist will:
- Ask how your general health is, how your teeth have been since your last visit and if you are taking any new or changed medications.
- Look in your mouth and carry out an examination of your teeth, gums and mouth.
- Carry out any necessary treatments, tests or x-rays they feel you require.
- Ask about your lifestyle and provide any advice on diet, smoking, alcohol and teeth cleaning to help improve your oral health.
- Inform you of when you should visit for your next check-up, this could be anywhere between 3 months to 2 years depending on your needs.
Even if you brush and floss routinely and thoroughly it's still best to visit your dentist at regular intervals. Not only will they be able to check the general health of your teeth and gums but they will be able to monitor your mouth for any early signs of problems such as dental decay, gum disease and oral cancer.
Please visit our Contact Page to book your next check up with Calderwood Dental Practice.